The Preschool's goals encompass the following areas:
1. To give each child many opportunities to work and play cooperatively in a group.
2. To teach the child to act and think for him/herself.
3. To provide opportunities to work with a variety of materials for fostering creative expression.
4. To help the child feel a real sense of belonging and acceptance.
5. To teach the child how to live happily and harmoniously with others.
6. To help the child manifest some degree of self-discipline and self-control.
7. To help the child develop motor control and manual dexterity.
8. To provide a positive first school experience for the child.
9. To expose the child to developmentally appropriate cognitive skills.
The Polliwog Class- 2-years-old
The Polliwog class is for children that are 2 years of age.
This class meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-12. (option of Early Care at 8am available)
Children in the Polliwog Class learn through play and also learn to be part of a classroom and follow school rules and routines.
The Tadpole Class- 3-years-old
The Tadpole class is for children that are 3 years of age.
This class meets on Monday/Wednesday/Friday from 9-12 (*limited spots available to attend preschool 5 days a week, option of Early Care at 8am available)
Tadpole children also learn through play as well as child/teacher directed activities. They learn to be part of a group and participate in a structured morning.
The Frog Class- 4-years-old
The Frog class is for children ages 4 to 5 (home-schoolers are encouraged to join us too!)
This class meets Monday through Friday from 9-12. (option of Early Care at 8am available)
Children in the Frog Class are taught using a theme based curriculum as well as instruction of Spanish language, literature and music. They learn through play and small group activities that include hands-on learning in math, science, literacy, music, art and the Spanish language. The Frog class also focuses on kindergarten readiness skills.
Summer Session - 3-5-years-old
The summer session is for children ages 3-5.
This class meets Monday through Thursday from 8-12 and is 3 weeks each month: June 7-25 and July 12-30.
Our summer program is full of fun, structure and learning! Children will enjoy a weekly water play day and special excursions to the library and community garden.